Sanctuary of our lady of the Miracle

J.A.Sanguinetti

The original Marian sanctuary was built after the Virgin Mary appeared to two shepherd boys in 1458, but the church we see today dates from the 17th century. 

  • J.A.Sanguinetti

The site also includes the 16th-century Casa Gran (Big House), a former pilgrim hostel; the Retreat House welcoming persons seeking an atmosphere of peace and prayer; monastic cells and a Benedictine monastery that has been looked after by monks from Montserrat Abbey since 1901.


The pièce de resistance is the 18th-century Baroque altarpiece inside the church, the work of the sculptor Carles Morató and gilder Antoni Bordons.