Balloon flight over volcanoes & stay over in Santa Pau
On weekdays we offer you the possibility of spending the night before your flight in Can Menció, in the medieval village of Santa Pau, without added cost.
This small pension, located in the arched main square of the old village, has 12 double rooms and one family room. As well, it boasts a patio with magnificent views and a salon with a real open fire. Can Menció does not serve evening meals. Nevertheless, you can dine in one of the restaurants in the village and taste the delights of the local volcanic cuisine. However, you will be able to have breakfast and afternoon tea in Can Menció in its bar and patisserie, the only such establishment in Santa Pau. From its terrace overlooking the main square, you will able to watch the world go by as you enjoy one of its excellent sandwiches or pastries.
We will meet you early in the morning at Vol de Coloms to take you up in the hot-air balloon over the volcanoes of La Garrotxa. Have a cup of coffee on us before the flight, which will last around 1h 30 min. As the balloon is carried by the wind and you contemplate a bird's eye view of the landscape, you can sip a glass of cava and try a slice of coca de llardons, a savoury local cake.
After the flight, a hearty breakfast of local products awaits you followed by the awarding of your flight certificate.
The pensió is just five minutes from Vol de Coloms.
The price includes:
- 1-night accommodation in a double room at Can Menció in Santa Pau
- Balloon flight: 1.00h. – 1.30h. approximately
- A welcoming cup of coffee first thing in the installations of Vol de Coloms
- During the flight, a glass of cava and a slice of coca de llardons, a typical local savoury cake
- Transport back from the landing site to the installations of Vol de Coloms
- Hearty breakfast in our restaurant open only to those who have flown in the hot-air balloon and their companions
- Awarding of flight certificate signed by the pilot
- There is no problem if one of your companions did not go up in the balloon but still wants to enjoy the cooked breakfast. Price per adult is 15 EUR and for children (5–12 years) 7,5 EUR.
- Departures are early in the morning (between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. depending on the season) which is when the atmosphere is calmer and the conditions are the most favourable.
- Just one flight per day.
- Crta. del volcà Croscat, s/n, 17811 Santa Pau, Girona
- English, French, Spanish and Catalan
- The experience is not accessible for people with reduced mobility and wheelchair users.
You have to know:
- Check prices for children 5 to 12 years old.
- Single room supplement.
minimum pack of 2 persons