Tren dels Llacs and Gerri de la Sal
Take the nostalgic Lakes Train from Lleida, the scenic line Noguera Pallaresa built between 1924 and 1951.
An unforgettable journey through spectacular scenery, and finally enjoy Gerri de la Sal, a town in the catalan Pyrenees, whose distinctive is the production of salt since the ninth century.
You will aswell discover its artistic heritage with the Monastery of Santa Maria de Gerri. Exquisite food with local products and stunning view of the gorge Collegats.
- 10.40h. Lleida Train Station, depart with the panoramic Lakes Train
- 12:30h. Arrival to La Pobla de Segur and shuttle bus or taxi to Gerri de la Sal to visit Salins, explanation and exhibition in the field of the production process, storage and marketing of salt. Saline have a characteristic appearance Gerri's people, and the exploitation of the salt water source for the evaporation system has been the economic engine of the town for many years. Free time to admire the imposing Romanesque Collegiate of Santa Maria.
- 14.15h. Lunch at a local restaurant (including drink).
- 16.00h. Transfer back to the train station but stopping in the middle of stunning Noguera Pallaresa narrow gorge to discover and appreciate the wonder Collegats rocky altarpiece.
- 16.30h. Arrival at the station of La Pobla de Segur.
- 17.00h. Depart with the Lakes Train
- 19.00h. Arrival in Lleida.
The price includes:
- Ticket Llakes Train
- Transfers from the station Pobla de Segur (bus or taxi).
- Guided tour of Salins Gerri de la Sal
- Lunch: 3 course menu with drinks included in a local restaurant.
- Stop in the Collegats Gorge
- The historic train goes up on Saturdays from April 18 to July 04 and from August 22 to October 31, 2020.
- Once your purchase, please contact Pirineu Emoció Agència de Viatges, SA to confirm the dates of the booking and availability.
- English, Spanish and Catalan
- The experience is not accessible.