La Vall Fosca and Tren dels Llacs
Take the nostalgic Lakes Train from Lleida, the scenic line Noguera Pallaresa built between 1924 and 1951. An unforgettable journey through spectacular scenery!
On arrival in La Pobla de Segur, transportation brings you to start the excursion in the Vall Fosca (a cadrel of the Catalonia Hydroelectric Energy), where you can find several peaks of 3000m. You are going to enjoy a guide tour of Hydroelectric Museum of Capdella. The exhibition at The Capdella Power Station Museum gives you the opportunity to trace the history of the hydroelectric power station from the moment of the initial idea to create it, right up until when it was put into action in 1914, taking you through the economic, social and infrastructural changes the station brought with it. After that, you are going to visit Capdella to discover the typical Pyrenees architecture and enjoy the the incredible panoramic views. Then enjoy a typical pallarès lunch.
- 12.30h Pick up by bus or taxi to the Pobla de Segur train station. Transfer to Vall Fosca. Visit of the Hydroelectric Museum and the Cabdella plant, to know how it worked and the ways of life of the workers and the people of the country and understand what it meant for all of Catalonia.
- 14.00h. Lunch at a local restaurant in la Vall Fosca (including drink).
- 16.15h. Arrival at the station of La Pobla de Segur.
- 17.00h. Depart with the Lakes Train.
- 19.00h. Arrival in Lleida.
The price includes:
- Ticket Lakes Train
- Transfers from the station Pobla de Segur (bus or taxi).
- Guided tour of Hydroelectric Museum of Capdella
- Lunch: typical pallarès menu with 3 course and drinks included in a local restaurant.
- The historic train goes up on Saturdays from April 7 to July 14 and from August 18 to October 27, 2018.
- The historic train goes up on Saturdays from April 20 to July 13 and from August 17 to November 2, 2019.
- Once your purchase, please contact Pirineu Emoció Agència de Viatges, SA to confirm the dates of the booking and availability.
- French, Spanish and Catalan
- Experience is not accessible.