Sleep in The Pavilions of Les Cols, under the stars
At first light, you will have the chance to fly in a hot-air balloon over the volcanoes!
Given that you will have got up so early, once at Vol de Coloms we will offer you a cup of coffee as you watch us prepare the hot-air balloon.
You’ll drift on the wind over the dormant volcanoes of La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park as you sip a glass of cava and try a slice of coca de llardons, a delicious savoury local cake. You will float in perfect calm and silence for around 1h30min, all the while enjoying a bird's-eye view of the landscape below.
Once back on solid ground, there’ll be a hearty breakfast awaiting you. When the adventure is over, you can head off to Les Cols and its unique pavilions: here you will sleep in a pavilion, a glass and steel box devoid of all decoration and furniture, only a dark green futon. A back-to-nature experience!
Calm, silence, peace...the starting point for a journey to your inner self. A glass floor floats above black rocks, which are supposed to evoke the volcanic landscapes of the Garrotxa.
If you want you could have dinner at Les Cols (a 2 Michelin starred restaurant) set next to the five pavilions, or in any other restaurant in Olot.
But, wherever, you will end the day in the pavilion, an ideal place for contemplation and for rest.
Breakfast is taken sitting on a mat on the glass deck, with the breeze in the trees as background music.
You will also be provided with a picnic for two in a Les Cols bag – complete with a blanket – so you can go out and discover the delights of the landscape of La Garrotxa. The whole experience is strange, faintly unsettling and hugely stimulating. It’s not for everyone, perhaps, but certainly unique.
The package includes:
- 1 night in a double room with breakfast in one of the Pavilions of Les Cols.
- A welcoming cup of coffee first thing in the installations of Vol de Coloms.
- Country breakfast in our restaurant opens only to those who have flown in the hot-air balloon and their companions.
- Balloon flight with a duration of around 1h30 minutes.
- During the flight, a glass of pink cava and a slice of coca de llardons, pork scratching cake.
- Awarding of flight certificate signed by the pilot.
- Transport back by 4×4 from the landing site to the installations of Vol de Coloms.
What if I want to enjoy the breakfast but didn't go on the flight?
- There is no problem if one of your companions did not go up in the balloon but still wants to enjoy the cooked breakfast (price per adult is 12 EUR and for children (5–12 years) 6 EUR.
- English, French, Spanish and Catalan.
- Accessible experience for people with reduced mobility and users with wheelchairs. Balloon baskets are adapted with door and seats. The vehicle is adapted with capacity for a person. The facilities are also accessible.
- Contact to Nit i Vol, SL to consult the prices for children (5–12 years) and the single-room supplement
Pack minimum 2 persons.