It is important to reach Besalú in the early afternoon for your guided visit, which will reveal the charm of some of the least-known corners of one of the most important towns in medieval Catalonia.
It is part of the Spanish network of Jewish towns that attempt to keep alive the memory of the Jewish past of medieval Spain. Of most interest are the synagogue and the purification baths (Micvé), the latter one of only three such baths known in Europe.
For your evening meal, you can choose between the Curia Reial restaurant, a historical building and one of the most outstanding examples of medieval civil architecture in the town, and the Pont Vell restaurant, with magnificent views across the river to the medieval bridge.
You will sleep in the 3* Hotel Tres Arcs, located in the town centre next to the historical Tres Arcs (three arches). After breakfast in your hotel, it will be time to enjoy your hot-air balloon flight over the volcanoes of La Garrotxa, a paradise for nature-lovers. As you fly and float in silence over the landscape below, sip on a glass of cava and try a slice of coca de llardons, a savoury, cake-like local speciality.
Once the flight is over, our ground team (who will have followed the balloons throughout the flight) will pick you up in their 4×4 vehicles and take you back to the Vol de Coloms installations, open for the exclusive use of our passengers and their companions, for a hearty breakfast of bread and tomato, charcuterie, Santa Pau haricot beans and botifarra (Catalan sausage), desserts from Cooperativa La Fageda, coffee and a glass of ratafia, a local herbal liquor.
The price includes:
- 1-night in a double room with breakfast at the 3* Hotel Tres Arcs in Besalú.
- Evening meal in El Pont Vell restaurant or La Cúria Reial restaurant.
- A guided visit to Besalú
- A cup of coffee in the installations of Vol de Coloms whilst you watch us – or help! – prepare the hot-air balloon.
- Hearty local breakfast in the Vol de Coloms restaurant, open only to passengers and their companions.
- The flight lasts approximately 1h – 1h30min.
- Cava and a slice of coca de llardons, a local savoury cake, during the flight.
- First flight certificate
- Transport by 4×4 vehicle from the landing site back to our installations.
- Exclusive benefits for passengers and their companions if the flight is a birthday gift or any other type of special family celebration.
- English, French, Spanish and Catalan
- The experience is accessible for people with reduced mobility and wheelchair users. Adapted basket with door and seating. An adapted vehicle with room for one person. The facilities are also available.
You have to know:
- Check prices for children 5-12 years.
- Single room supplement.
Price package 2 persons.