Free-flying birds show at the Zoo of the Pyrenees
Come and see the core activity of the zoo of the Pyrenees, a free-flying birds of prey show, which is often attended by vultures and wild eagles.
Have you ever felt how a barn owl messes up your hair while it flies over you? Have you ever caressed a fox? The core activity of the zoo of the Pyrenees is a free-flying birds of prey show. Thanks to the privileged location, the show is often interrupted by wild vultures and eagles.
You can see more than 50 different species, all native to the Pyrenees. You will find posters with explanation about them along the route. You will be able to touch them and even feed them or help train them! Everything in a quiet and familiar environment where the most important values of respect for nature and animals are taught.
The Zoo of the Pyrenees is located in one of the most privileged places in Europe. It is ocated in a protected area at European level, you will see vultures, hawks and wild eagles. A space where humans and animals have learned to live together and respect each other, where the views and the landscape will leave you breathless. Contemplate one third of all Catalonia and enjoy an almost unknown world, the world of wild animals in the Pyrenees
In addition, you will take a guided tour through the park of about 30 minutes to deepen the characteristics of each species. You will can ask for more information about each of the animals, ask about the treatment they receive at the zoo or whatever that has left you intrigued. They will be happy to answer all your questions!
It is also offered, by a small supplement, to join in the Toca-toca activity. The smallest children will enjoy interacting with the animals very closely, caressing, observing and placing them in their hands, even feeding them. Specialists with great experience and many years of cohabitation and work with wildlife will guide them and reveal some secrets of nature.
The park has free parking, bar with terrace, souvenir shop and picnic area.
The price includes:
- Park ticket
- Free-flying birds show
- Guided tour
- From 01/03 to 09/12. Every day from 10 am to 7 pm
- Free-flying birds show (1h): at 11 am (morning) and 5 pm* (afternoon)
*From the winter schedule change there will only be exhibitions in the morning due to the lack of light.
- Guided tour (30' approx.): after the show at 12 pm and at 6 pm
- Toca-toca activity (45'): at 12.45 pm and at 4 pm
Children under 3 must be accompanied by an adult for the Toca-toca activity.
- Closed: from 10/12 to 28/02
- Zoo del Pirineu: Ctra. d'Odèn L-401, km 35,6. Odèn - E-25283.
- Free-flying birds show: Catalan and Spanish
- Brochure about the show: English, French and German
- Guided tour: Catalan, Spanish, English, German and Czech
- Panel explanations: Catalan, Spanish, English and French
- Activity suitable for people in wheelchairs or with reduced mobility. Paths and toilets adapted.
Free admission for children under 3 years and older than 85 years.
It is recommended to arrive at the park at least 15 minutes before the chosen performance for the free-flying show.