Snowshoes in the Aigüestortes and Sant Maurici's Lake National Park
Discover the fascinating world of snowshoes while enjoying the silence and the spectacle of the snowy forest in a lovely scene as the National Park.
Active Ecotourism is the new format we have designed for snowshoeing. The scenery of the National Park, and the Pyrenees in general, allow us to live many experiences during the winter. Being snowshoes a very good option to discover this wonder of our geography.
The National Park of Aigüestortes and Sant Maurici's Lake is one of the fourteen national parks in Spain and the only one in Catalonia.
The usual access to the heart of the park is made by the two historical entrances: Espot (Pallars Sobirà) and Boí (Alta Ribagorça). In both entrances we organize snowshoeing trips, being our meeting point the park's houses.
Active snowshoeing ecotourism is not a conventional way out. Its difference resides in our guide, Txema Arteta, expert in levelgia and avalanches prediction with international training. This feature advances the trip's intensity due to moving through the forest, glacial valleys or snowy lakes; learning the types of snow there are, how the wind changes the landscape or how we perceive the warning signs, discarding myths about the mountain and a lot of more curiosities.
The price includes:
- Specialized guide
- Material rental: snowshoes and extendable walking sticks
- CR/Accident Insurance
The price does not include:
- Transportation to the activity area
- From December to March. Start at 9.00 am
- Duration of the activity: 1/2 day
- Once you have bought the coupon, contact Guies Vall Fosca, to check availability
- Guies Vall Fosca Office : Station Avenue, 30. La Pobla de Segur - E-25500.
- Catalan, Spanish and English
- Activity not suitable for wheelchair users or people with reduced mobility.