Tren dels Llacs and Gerri de la Sal
Take the nostalgic Lakes Train from Lleida, the scenic line Noguera Pallaresa built between 1924 and 1951.
An unforgettable journey through spectacular scenery, and finally enjoy Gerri de la Sal, a town in the catalan Pyrenees, whose distinctive is the production of salt since the ninth century.
You will aswell discover its artistic heritage with the Monastery of Santa Maria de Gerri. Exquisite food with local products and stunning view of the gorge Collegats.
- 10.40h. Lleida Train Station, depart with the panoramic Lakes Train
- 12:30h. Arrival to La Pobla de Segur and shuttle bus or taxi to Gerri de la Sal to visit Salins, explanation and exhibition in the field of the production process, storage and marketing of salt. Saline have a characteristic appearance Gerri's people, and the exploitation of the salt water source for the evaporation system has been the economic engine of the town for many years. Free time to admire the imposing Romanesque Collegiate of Santa Maria.
- 14.15h. Lunch at a local restaurant (including drink).
- 16.00h. Transfer back to the train station but stopping in the middle of stunning Noguera Pallaresa narrow gorge to discover and appreciate the wonder Collegats rocky altarpiece.
- 16.30h. Arrival at the station of La Pobla de Segur.
- 17.00h. Depart with the Lakes Train
- 19.00h. Arrival in Lleida.