Trekking 4 days in Lord's Valley
Trekking through the Catalan Pyrenees, making a dream trip crossing three Catalan counties.
The Valley of Lord is located in the Pre-Pyrenees. We can imagine it as a kind of pot surrounded by high mountains: Sierras of Port del Comte (2.383m), Green (2.282m), Ensija (2,317m) and Rasos de Peguera. It currently occupies an area of 300 km2
The river Cardener is the backbone of the valley. It is born next to the town of the Coma.
The valley of the Llosa del Cavall, 7km long, has also been in the valley since 1997 and is fed by the Cardener and Agua de Valls rivers. Under its waters remains a jewel of Romanesque art: the Puente de las Casas. Nevertheless, another bridge was saved, the one of Vallonga, that was dismounted stone by stone and was rebuilt near San Lorenzo de Morunys, on the torrent of the Well.
The arboreal vegetation of the Valley of Lord forms important forest masses. Of note are oak forests, red pine (or albar) forests and black pine forests. We will also find some fir trees. Among the shrubs stand the boxwood, rhododendron and bearberry. The majority of farms and crops have been abandoned, after the important loss of population that occurred from 1950.
Our trekking begins in Sant Llorenç de Morunys, in the Solsonès. From there we will ascend in two and a half stages until the neck of Puerto, a point located at the intersection of Solsonès with Alt Urgell, and then make the descent to Tuixent.
Before arriving at Coll de Port we will take a tour of the Sierra del Verde (2nd stage)
From Tuixent we will jump in Gósol, already in Berguedà, where we will end our trekking (4th stage).
- Start/end: San Lorenzo de Morunys / Gósol
- Level: Moderate
- Group: From 9 to 20 people
- Duration: 4 days - 4 stages / 3 nights
The price includes:
- 2-nights accommodation in a twin room with full board (wine included at dinner) at Hotel La Coma (Hotel ***)
- 1-night accommodation in a room of 8, 9 or 10 people with full board in Hostel
- Professional Mountain Guide (Certificate UIMLA), an expert in geography, flora and Romanesque art of the area
- Transfer of Barcelona in the Pyrenees and return
- Mountain Accident Insurance (Check conditions here )
The price does not include:
- The first stage picnic
- Any expenses not mentioned above
- The activity takes place on October 10 and 31, 2020.
- Catalan, Spanish, English and French speaking guide
- The experience is accessible for people with sensory disabilities
- There is no luggage transfer. This means that we can take the moult for 4 days or wash the underwear every day, which will save us weight in the backpack. It is the option that we recommend.
- The duration of the stages includes stops for eating, taking photographs, etc.
Price per person. Minimum of 5 people to carry out the activity.